Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs
50–100g smoked salmon, cut into 1 cm diced
25g / 1 oz butter
4 tablespoons cream
8 medium sized eggs
Salt and pepper
4 slices Irish Soda Bread (or bread of your choice)
2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
- Place the smoked salmon in the cream and heat until barely simmering.
- Remove from the heat and it will keep warm while you are making the scrambled eggs.
- Beat the eggs with the salt (optional) and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add the beaten and seasoned eggs and cook gently
- Stir regularly with a wooden spoon until you have a softly scrambled mixture.
- Take off the heat and add the salmon and cream mixture and stir to mix. Reserve until you are ready to serve.
- Drizzle or Butter the Soda Bread and grill on both sides until golden
- Divide the bread between hot plates and top each slice with the egg and salmon mixture.
- Finish each serving with a sprinkle of chives and serve immediately.