Smoked Mackerel with Poached Eggs
- 1 fillet Daly’s smoked mackerel
- 1 Slice of Sourdough or Soda Bread
- 2 Medium eggs
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- salt (Optional) and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Drop two eggs in some boiling water infused with the vinegar. Cook (simmer) for 3 minutes.
- While the eggs are poaching,drizzle your bread with the oil and lightly toast your bread on both sides until golden.
- Cut your Mackerel in half and place on your toasted bread. Leave under the grill on low until you drain your eggs.
- Season the eggs and and serve on top of each piece toasted bread and mackerel.
Serve with hollandaise sauce for an extra creamy breakfast.