Lemon Basil Salmon Recipe
- 2 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Place each fillet, skin side down in hot pan. Mix melted butter, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; spoon over salmon.
- Cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
1 fillet: 223 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.