Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Slices Sourdough bread or English muffins
- butter for spreading
- 8 slices Daly’s smoked salmon
- chopped chives, to serve
For the hollandaise sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 125g unsalted butter, diced
- 3 egg yolks
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- Put the lemon juice and vinegar in a bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk until light and frothy.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until mixture thickens.
- Gradually add the butter, whisking constantly until thick – if it looks like it might be splitting, then whisk off the heat for a few mins. Season and keep warm.
- To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat so that the water is simmering gently. Stir the water so you have a slight swirl, then slide in the eggs one by one. Cook each for about 4 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Lightly toast the sourdough bread, then put a couple of slices of salmon on each half. Top each with an egg, spoon over some Hollandaise and garnish with chopped chives.