Baked Pollock with Lemon and Dill
2 fillets of fresh Pollock
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees. Melt butter in a small sauce pan and stir in the lemon zest and dill.
- Pat the fillets dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides (if fish is skinless) with salt and pepper. Lay fish on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Drizzle half of the butter mixture over fish. Flip fillets over and drizzle remaining butter on top. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Bake at 230 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until fish tests done (tender and flaky inside). If fillets are thin, check at 12 minutes; if fillets are thicker they will probably need at least 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice, with lemon wedges to squeeze over fish.